Sannin Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sannin Central

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lawl an Example

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Ninja Stats
Clan: None
Ryo: $500
Ryo in the bank: $0

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 am

Seeing as people claim to not seen how I fight, and thus claim i'm all empty words and air, here's a short example of a match against my brother Mikeh which most of you older sannin users might remember.

http://narutosolitude.forumotion.net/battle-arena-f66/off-rpg-fight-michael-vs-eman-t429.htm
Back to top Go down
Naruto Uzumaki
Genin
Genin
Naruto Uzumaki

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Ninja Stats
Ryo: $1000

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Wow I need to register on another site to view this. I am way too busy for that.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Lawl sorry, I fixed that for ya bud
Back to top Go down
Taimoshi Uchiha
S-Rank
S-Rank
Taimoshi Uchiha

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Ninja Stats
Clan: Uchiha
Ryo: $75,000
Ryo in the bank: $25,000

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm

I need to study up; I have no clue about your Clan.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri
Jounin
Jounin
Reikon Keiri

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Ninja Stats
Clan: (none)
Ryo: $250,000
Ryo in the bank: $650,000

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:56 pm

o.o Most of its unexplained abilities seems like. Some of it makes sense here and there but most of the time its just abilities gained without proper and accurate description on how you got it or why, or for the fact that it even makes sense how it benefits you x.x. All very undescriptive in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

*Points out that it was an Off RPG fight that me and my brother had scheduled 4 monthes prior so any skills and or jutsu in that fight are not a real testament to our characters skill or power* So yea, comment not needed rei rei Razz
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri
Jounin
Jounin
Reikon Keiri

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 pm

o.o Doesn't really change the fact that any of the off rp skills aren't explained very well. Like why a certain thing causes this. Even for an off rp all the skills are poorly described in my opinion. Tis nothing too much of my concern though.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:11 pm

How much more explanation do you need for a skill besides a basic rendition of how it should work. Going beyond that, not only reveals all of your characters skills and abilities, but also greatly upsets your chances for surprising your enemy. While surely yes, more advanced knowledge is needed, its also given in the form of hints, which if paid close enough attention too, can be source of power over your enemy. But eh, what do I know, I stopped RPing professionally already, and do it simply for the fact that I enjoy RPing. No need to waste my time giving nor listening to lectures on how to better explain certain skills in which any layman could get.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri
Jounin
Jounin
Reikon Keiri

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:18 am

No, you can't get them. Your using that as an excuse, but even for a "Naruto/Ninja rpg" your skills have no real methods as to why they should work the way they do. None of what you said is true, since users can't Meta-Game anyway. It's all poorly described. It's not about making sure just us people who've been rping for a while understand, its about making sure everyone can understand. Not to mention the fact that (this is an example of what your doing in that link) if Bob says "Bob has such and such, which allows him better this, this, and this, and also allows for this." I see that more than often, where things are poorly explained how they work, if even at all. It's the lack, or more than often laziness of people to actually explain how they gained or earned something, mainly because they just want it, they don't want to do the work for it. People are very fond of giving themselves power and abilities, but without the effort of having it make sense.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:35 pm

So what your saying is that you need a full description for everything? And that if it doesn't have a full description its automatically attributed to laziness or lack or real reasoning thereof?

Pity, your own words don't even make sense, simply trying to prove a statement about a situation that you have no prior knowledge of through the use of belittling those by calling them lazy. Once again Rei, this is below you. It is not laziness or lack of drive, but the fact that me and my brother understand each other's skills to the point where we didn't have to detail out every single nuance about our off rpg characters to the point where we were basically creating a second character app. These characters were not meant to test our ability to detail, but to test our ability to rp, the fact that we set a jutsu and ability count confirms that. Simply going off about how we didn't detail this and that doesn't deter from our skill, infact our actual character profiles are more detailed than this? Why? Because those are our actual characters. These were characters we made to benefit the moment in time in which we were testing each others skill and prowess in battle. Not creating characters that would be used again in the same situation or area. So description of our skills were not needed, but given to the point where we both understood them. The reason you couldn't understand them was because they weren't meant for you to understand, but you took it upon yourself to comment about it anyway, showing your lack of knowledge of the situation. But it really doesn't matter. I put the link up here to show my RPing skill, not how well I can detail my character in an off rpg. If you need detail, go look in a Wikipedia page for a few hours. I'm sure you'll find a lot of detail there.
Back to top Go down
Naruto Uzumaki
Genin
Genin
Naruto Uzumaki

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Ok if thats fixed then the rest of your conversation is so confusing to follow.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri
Jounin
Jounin
Reikon Keiri

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Yes and No. All of that your typing is trying to sound logical when its simple to understand what I'm saying. I'll give an actual example however.

I once saw a Jutsu, and in that jutsu description was this.

"The user does some handsigns and their eyes turn red. This increases their ability to see in the dark, at long ranges, and to see people who are more faster"

You see all of your abilities below seem to be in the exact same manner. In the previous description the reason for the ability increase in the eyes isn't explained, not even methodically. Since this is all based on Naruto style everything we use here is methodical, since I don't see any of us irl flashing hand seals and spiting out flames. However since most of your abilities aren't even because of a jutsu, most being gifts or whatever else, they need alittle more than just a simple jutsu description of how it works. Like the mind expansion thing. You just say what it does and what effects you gain for it, you don't state in any way, a METHOD, as to how this happens. What process in your mind occurs that helps you connect with others. Is it that when you expand your mind you link with others minds or chakra signatures, helping you pick out living life forms, or is it something else. You lack that kind of description which makes it seem like your just giving yourself the ability without any actual Method as to how it happens or occurs.

Like my bloodline for example. No one has ever bothered to ask me why my blood is acidic, what makes it that way or how that happens. I have and always have had a more detailed theory for it, that irl is of course non occurring, but in the make believe world of naruto is possible and at most at least its explainable. Thats what lacking. Not every single detailed description of what was happening. I don't want a life story of how you got the ability, i want the descriptions of why it works. At least some theory or method that could make sense, otherwise its just a bunch of randomly occurring abilities that just happens for no bum fucking reason.
Back to top Go down
Naruto Uzumaki
Genin
Genin
Naruto Uzumaki

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

So my is your blood acidic? lol jk I had to say it. But feel free to answer if you want.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm

I get what your saying, But I still say there's no need for that much description for something that isn't even that important. Do you type out full descriptions of how all of your abilities work in an Off Rpg Fight thats going to last a few posts and then never be seen again after that? No! Why? Because its a waste of time, energy, and space. Because its so illogical that no one bothers to do it. If that had been my character app, then yea, I could see this argument having meaning because abilities are supposed to be explained anyway. But for things such as Off Rpg fights, there's really no need.

And yes I know, It seems like a bunch of crap that happened for no fucking reason, but understand as well, that once again, we were doing this just to test our role playing skill. We could have gone and used nothing but taijutsu for the entire fight but we chose to use jutsu, why? Because it adds an extra element. We could have forgone abilities, but we chose to use them, why? Because it makes the RP fun. We chose to forgo explaining out an entire process for an ability that neither of us were probably going to use anyway, why? Because we didn't really care. The point i'm trying to make is that we did all of this for fun, for the sake of role playing. Abilities, and skills are meaningless if you forget that. Your character could be nothing but an ape in a piece of lion cloth with the ability to throw lightning, and there would be no need for an explanation. Why? Because it didn't really matter. Role Playing is the art of acting out a character in an enviroment that, that character is experiencing at that time. Do explanations about abilities really matter in that view point? NO! Why? Because they don't change how your character perceives a situation. Besides that the explanation should be in the Role Play anyway. Taking the short cut out and inserting it into your bio is one way, but your bio should be acted out anyway, or else its practically meaningless. Just telling worthless facts about a character that has little or no meaning. Why do you think my bio is so long? Because I take the time to rp it out, instead of inserting random facts that no one cares about. Thats why I put no detail in my abilities, because their in my bio, but my bio being so long, people skip it and choose to look directly at the abilities, or elements, or jutsu, and say "Hey you dick, your god mod!", and wonder why I in return, don't listen to a damn word they say, why? Because they didn't take the time to read my bio and learn about my character. But thats getting off topic, and i'm beginning to rant in a topic that was simply supposed to show off how I role played, not how I displayed my character's skills.
Back to top Go down
Taimoshi Uchiha
S-Rank
S-Rank
Taimoshi Uchiha

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 am

I'll concede to the fact that you're good in terms of ability to RP, but in means of Clan - I cannot comment until I know it well enough.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:23 am

Heh, most people will never know my clan well enough, and its not your fault. When people generally see my clan they go, "Uh Oh God Mod Alert" but really its quite different, but meh I've held this clan so long and proved how ungod modish it is, that i've really stopped caring what people think and say about my clan. The fact that only clan members can understand it anyway (seeing as they have to use it every day) means that you guys can generally chill out about it. But knowing humankind, and their ability to fret about everything, I can only assume that if I posted the new Kou info up, the entire site might go up in an uproar without reading a single line of it, so meh. I still say times change, but the people stay the same.
Back to top Go down
Taimoshi Uchiha
S-Rank
S-Rank
Taimoshi Uchiha

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:57 pm

If they don't know it well enough, how'd it get approved? Wouldn't they need to understand the basis, and basics to be able to approve it?
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri
Jounin
Jounin
Reikon Keiri

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Naruto Uzumaki wrote:
So my is your blood acidic? lol jk I had to say it. But feel free to answer if you want.

Actually I like explaining it, just hardly anyone has the skill to ask. I say it like that cause more than often people don't question how one is able to do things, they just let it fly.

The way I rp my blood has strange enzymes in it that when introduce to large portions of oxygen, these enzymes enter a crazed state, using oxygen as an energy source, where they then begin to rapidly break down materials. Thus giving the acidic or if you prefer a more technical term corrosive property.

So why does my blood have these strange enzymes in it? Well I rp as a demon, from the very beginning. Not a Jinchuuriki. That person only HAS a demon where I AM a demon. So demons can obviously have different anatomy and physiology than humans, so in the make believe world a demon could have these weird enzymes in his blood.

How do I not die the minute I'm born? Well the enzymes only enter this frenzied state when introduced to large portions of oxygen, as stated before. In the body the amounts they are exposed to are limited to the breaths I take, and thus not being enough to rouse them into this frenzied state. Where as out in the open, it is a different story.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Konpaku
Genin
Genin
Kuro Konpaku

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:16 am

Taimoshi Uchiha wrote:
If they don't know it well enough, how'd it get approved? Wouldn't they need to understand the basis, and basics to be able to approve it?

That would be the case, but most people only request to know the basic information of my bloodline, I have enough information on my bloodline that I created a Wiki just about it and the various things inside it. And have gotten to the point that I stopped inputting information and simply linked people to the information. It works wonders every time ._. saves time and headaches.
Back to top Go down
Naruto Uzumaki
Genin
Genin
Naruto Uzumaki

Ninja Stats

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 pm

That explains alot. i have enver seen you fight with that character so I have no idea how you fight. But, that might seem like an easy target if your hit with a bomb and your blood goes all over your skin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lawl an Example Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawl an Example   Lawl an Example Empty

Back to top Go down

Lawl an Example
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sannin Central :: General Section :: General Talk-
Jump to: